Wednesday, February 3, 2010

a truly "progressive" dinner...

Brooks went to his first progressive dinner and was a little overwhelmed at first...

he was good with me, but needed to stay close...


"are you ready to branch out yet?" I asked...


"NOOOOOO...you can't make me!!!" he cried...


"alright, we'll work through it," I said...


you like this a lot...


and you REALLY like this...will you be better at the next house?...


I guess that's a no...


but Aunt LeeLee was determined and you didn't cry...


you even kept your pacifier out for a while...


until you spotted her...your cougar...


it was a seamless transition and you even copped an attitude...


you said, "Mom, can you put the camera down and give us a minute?"...


"hey, baby, what do you say we blow this joint and go to the next house?"...


Uncle Brad tried again...and the third house was the charm...


"so, uh, who's that?"...


"oh fine, you can hug me too."...


yeah, you're nice, but I wish you had more to offer me...


huh?...I was kidding...really, i was...what's that???...


ooooooh, a DOG???...my time here is complete...on to the final house!!!...


so, boys, you know what they say about me?...


I'm the baby that makes everybody want to have a baby...


even Uncle GreggyPoo...


listen, I know she's your wife, but can I see her one last time...


Kara "the OC" Duvall...my favorite...


am I dreaming or is she really too good to be true?...


what???...it's time for bed already???...


I love you too, Uncle Brad...uh oh...who's that man???...he's big like a bear...


excuse me, sir, is it true you were a fighter???...


yes, Brooks, but I'll only fight people if they're mean to YOU...


ahhhhhh, thanks Uncle Big Bear...


I've got your back, too.

1 comment:

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

I'm so jealous we missed the progressive dinner :-( I cried when I found out...seriously.