Friday, January 29, 2010

they see me rollin'...

I've mentioned how Brooks is a mad roller these days...well, not if Grandpa can help it. Brooks was falling asleep the other day so I put him down in my parents' room for a little nap. I put a small pillow on his left and on his right to deter him from moving anywhere when he woke up. He usually just cries a little until someone comes to get him; he doesn't usually move. He just kind of lays there and cries. My dad saw Brooks, saw the pillows, then came out to tell me that those little pillows won't stop him from rolling off the bed. I said that he would be fine. So my dad casually adds something about how he made it a little safer. I walk in to this:

yes, if you look closely you can see a baby in there...


he covered him with a blanket and everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This so reminds me of when my dad took some kind of cushioning and duct taped it all around the bricks outside of my fireplace when my girls were little. Grandpa's! They're terrific.

Hill Country Happenings said...

My daughter is almost 4 and my father in law is obsessed with her safety to the point I am not sure she will ever have a bit of fun or any friends! Ha! I guess I need to be glad he cares! Brooks is so sweet

Tammy, Garrett, and Carson said...

hahaha...that is hilarious.

Kati said...

lol! i can totally see your dad doing this!